Encumbrance Certificate | EC

Price Starting at Rs.500




  • Select Year
  • to
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • 50 /-
  • :
  • 0 /-

Encumbrance Certificate | EC

It reflects the encumbrance on the property (if any) like mortgage, lien, charge etc. It further discloses the title of documents registered in respect of the property, the parties to the deed, the registered number of the document, the book number, volume, and pages. It is issued in Form No.15/16 from the office of the Sub-Registrar exercising relevant jurisdiction over the property in question. The existence of any transaction in respect of the property, are recorded in this form, describing the name of the transferor, transferee, date, registration number, volume, page, consideration amount and nature of the transaction, etc.

Uses:To disclose the title of the documents registered and transaction in respect of the property.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. Hello sir, I am planning to buy agriculture land and my annual income is 3.5lakhs, what are the restriction in buying an agriculture land? Open or Close

    The annual average income of the person including agricultural income should be less than Rs 2 lakhs. The person must have had an agricultural land in his name before the year 1974. The person should be an agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession. As per Section 79A of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act 1961, the non-agricultural income of a purchaser who must be an agriculturist should not exceed Rs 2 lakhs per year.

    The new limit of Rs 25 lakh on non-agriculture income to purchase agricultural land that was introduced two year will have to be understood as coming into effect in 1974 itself. Anyone with non-agriculture income over Rs 25 lakh is barred from purchasing agriculture land in Karnataka. The limit of Rs 2 lakh was increased to Rs 25 lakh in the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 in 2015.

  • Q. What does akarbandh document contains of? Open or Close

    It is a register of survey numbers, showing the total area under each head, arable and un-arable, dry land, wet land and garden in detail, with the rate per acre and assessment of each. And the total assessment fixed on the entire number.

  • Q. Can I claim title over a property only by virtue of the fact that it has been mutated in my name? Open or Close

    Mutation entries can only be used as proof of possession over a property.

  • Q. How to bring New Owner's name or change the owner's details in the RTC ? Open or Close

    The Owners of the land will change because of purchase transaction, Inheritance, Division, Grant by Government, Court Decree. When one of these takes place, NEW OWNERS should approach the Revenue Department with the required document to incorporate their names. They can request for the same at the PAHANI CENTRE and collect the acknowledgement.

    Similarly when loan is taken or repayment is done, to change the liabilities details, Owner can submit the request at the PAHANI CENTRE with required documents.

  • Q. What is PTCL Endorsement? Open or Close

    The Karnataka Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prohibition of Transfer of Certain Lands) Act, 1978 (Karnataka Act 2 of 1979) or PTCL is a statute of Karnataka. This law which was introduced in 1978 is retrospective in nature.

  • Q. What is the difference between conversion and change of land use? Open or Close

    Conversion of land is needed for agricultural land to be diverted to other uses and is granted by the Deputy Commissioner concerned. The new use should be in consonance with the CDP. Lands in green belt cannot be converted. It can be exempted for specific uses that are allowed. This does not include housing. Change of land use is done within the urban agglomeration if the land is to be used for purposes other than that shown in the CDP. It is a permission granted by the BDA.