Certified Copies

A few decades ago, practically the whole of India was a village. Even today, as cities expand, a lot of property that is acquired for the city has antecedents in villages and Taluks. Difficult as it is getting certified copies of property documents in urban areas, one can well imagine the challenge at the rural level.

Now, Legalconclave offers a service to get certified copies of property documents. This allows you to get your documents traced back to the village level and delivered to you. You can sit back with the assurance that our professionals will do all the legwork necessary to find the documents. No more frantic running around for verification, or blindly trusting the owner.

You can submit the document(s) online, or our representative will pick it up from your doorstep.

79 A & B Endorsement

79A and B Endorsement, issued by the Assistant Commissioner of Revenue department, which contains a statement that there are no proceedings under Section 79A or B of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961, in respect of the property in question. 79A states that the income of the family or person shall not exceed more than 2 Lakh per annum from the other than agriculture sources. By recent amendment in the 79 A and B, the income is extended from 2 Lakh to 25 Lakh per annum. 79B prohibits of holding agricultural land by certain persons. For purposes of this section, it shall be presumed that a land is held by an institution, trust, company, association or body where it is held by an individual on its behalf.

Uses:To certify that there are no cases against the person owning the agriculture land and whether he is an agriculturist or not.

Click here to get your copy


It is a sketch which is issued by the Survey Department. It shows the survey number, the total extent of the land, the boundaries and classification of the land and also the revenue assessment details.

Uses:To indicate the total extent, boundaries of the property.

Click here to get your copy

Encumbrance Certificate | EC

It reflects the encumbrance on the property (if any) like mortgage, lien, charge etc. It further discloses the title of documents registered in respect of the property, the parties to the deed, the registered number of the document, the book number, volume, and pages. It is issued in Form No.15/16 from the office of the Sub-Registrar exercising relevant jurisdiction over the property in question. The existence of any transaction in respect of the property, are recorded in this form, describing the name of the transferor, transferee, date, registration number, volume, page, consideration amount and nature of the transaction, etc.

Uses:To disclose the title of the documents registered and transaction in respect of the property.

Click here to get your copy

Inam Order Copy

An Inamdar who has been granted occupancy rights under the Inam Abolition Act.

Uses:Occupancy rights grant

Click here to get your copy

Mutation | MR

Issued by the Village Accountant or Tahsildar mutation records contains the extract from the mutation register or inheritance certificate with details of the present and previous owners, the mode in which property was acquired, the extent of the land and the order stating that Khatha can be transferred in the name of the present owner.

Uses:Acts as an inheritance certificate with details of the present and previous owners and the mode in which property acquired.

Click here to get your copy

Records of Rights | RR

Issued by Asst. Tahsildar, RR or Record of Rights contains the details of the property, owners of the property along with the nature of the possession (acquisition of land)

Uses:Will get the details of the property and owners and the nature of possession.

Click here to get your copy

RTC / Phani

This document contains details about Survey number, Sub survey number, nature of the soil, ownership/measurement of the total land, name of the occupant/owner/holder, nature of the possession. It also mentions the name of the cultivator, the year and the crop grown and the extent there on, the existence of the trees in the property. It also shows the place where the land in question is situated. If the property has any extent of kharab land, acquisition or encumbrance it will reflect in the RTC/Phani

Uses:Will get the information of ownership and measurement of the total land.

Click here to get your copy

Survey | Tippani | Podi Extracts

Tippani is a survey document which gives a brief description of the respective survey number. Podi Extracts is a document of bifurcation of land with old and new survey number, among the joint owners.

Uses:Will get the details of survey number, shape, identify, measurements and bifurcation of property.

Click here to get your copy

Conversion Copy

A certified copy of Land conversion from Agriculture Land to Non-Agriculture Purpose.(Non-Commercial to Commercial). Duly converted as per the provisions under of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act,1964 by the respective Revenue Department Office and also have approved plans sanctioned as per the Town and Country Planning Act and other related enactments by the respective Urban Development Department Plan sanctioning office.

Uses:Prescribed conditions and mentions whether the land has been converted from Non-commercial to Commercial purpose.

Click here to get your copy

PTCL Endorsement

The Tahsildar issues this endorsement stating that no proceedings have been initiated against the present owner of the property under the provisions of the Karnataka Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Transfer of Certain Lands) Act, 1978.

Uses:To check if any pending proceedings initiated against the owner of the property under the provision of Karnataka SC/ST Act 1978.

Click here to get your copy

Grant Certificate | Saguvali Chits

It describes to whom the grant is made and the conditions such grant is subjected. It also states the rights and liabilities of the grantee and the rights of the government. Issued only in the case when the property is a grant land.

Uses:To establish the title of the person’s name to whom the land is granted.

Click here to get your copy

Index of Land | IL

It contains details regarding the owners of the land and details about the land.

Uses:Will get the details of the owner and the property

Click here to get your copy

Village Map

This is issued by the Survey Department. It indicates the map of the village in which the property is situated.

Click here to get your copy

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. Hello sir, I am planning to buy agriculture land and my annual income is 3.5lakhs, what are the restriction in buying an agriculture land? Open or Close

    The annual average income of the person including agricultural income should be less than Rs 2 lakhs. The person must have had an agricultural land in his name before the year 1974. The person should be an agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession. As per Section 79A of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act 1961, the non-agricultural income of a purchaser who must be an agriculturist should not exceed Rs 2 lakhs per year.

    The new limit of Rs 25 lakh on non-agriculture income to purchase agricultural land that was introduced two year will have to be understood as coming into effect in 1974 itself. Anyone with non-agriculture income over Rs 25 lakh is barred from purchasing agriculture land in Karnataka. The limit of Rs 2 lakh was increased to Rs 25 lakh in the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 in 2015.

  • Q. What does akarbandh document contains of? Open or Close

    It is a register of survey numbers, showing the total area under each head, arable and un-arable, dry land, wet land and garden in detail, with the rate per acre and assessment of each. And the total assessment fixed on the entire number.

  • Q. Can I claim title over a property only by virtue of the fact that it has been mutated in my name? Open or Close

    Mutation entries can only be used as proof of possession over a property.

  • Q. How to bring New Owner's name or change the owner's details in the RTC ? Open or Close

    The Owners of the land will change because of purchase transaction, Inheritance, Division, Grant by Government, Court Decree. When one of these takes place, NEW OWNERS should approach the Revenue Department with the required document to incorporate their names. They can request for the same at the PAHANI CENTRE and collect the acknowledgement.

    Similarly when loan is taken or repayment is done, to change the liabilities details, Owner can submit the request at the PAHANI CENTRE with required documents.

  • Q. What is PTCL Endorsement? Open or Close

    The Karnataka Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prohibition of Transfer of Certain Lands) Act, 1978 (Karnataka Act 2 of 1979) or PTCL is a statute of Karnataka. This law which was introduced in 1978 is retrospective in nature.

  • Q. What is the difference between conversion and change of land use? Open or Close

    Conversion of land is needed for agricultural land to be diverted to other uses and is granted by the Deputy Commissioner concerned. The new use should be in consonance with the CDP. Lands in green belt cannot be converted. It can be exempted for specific uses that are allowed. This does not include housing. Change of land use is done within the urban agglomeration if the land is to be used for purposes other than that shown in the CDP. It is a permission granted by the BDA.